We’ve had Hygge, we’ve had Lykke, and now we have the sweedish term “Lagom”.
And what exactly does Lagom mean? Well, I feel it somehow intersects with the “Less is more” mantra, but this one goes for the right equilibrium between too little and too much: just the right amount.
I’m so eager to see more, I’ve made a selection of the best examples of lagom available!
The basics are:
- Let natural light in
- Bring nature into your home
- Give objects some space to breathe
- Go with light wall colors
- Declutter, declutter, declutter!
- Get rid of carpets and bring in some rugs
- Mix decor styles: vintage, contemporary, modern, rustic
If you’re ready to embrace the Lagom philosophy, here are a few tips to get you started:
- Be mindful of your consumption.
- Only buy what you need.
- Learn to say no.
- Take breaks.
- Appreciate the simple things.
- Connect with nature.
- Spend time with loved ones.
- Do things that make you happy.
Find more Lagom inspiration on our Pinterest profile: