You spend some time looking around, looking for a new area rug, taking measurments and notes. You decide to go with a patchwork cowhide rug. You look around, you ask your friends, your interior designer, you see some things on Pinterest and you check out some photos… or a couple hundred to be more realistic.
You end up choosing the right size and model for your new leather area rug, get a quote, a lead time… you order it! Oh yes, you did it!
Finally, you receive the package. It’s right there waiting for you to unpack it. Now… Is there anything you should do before installing it?
Well, yes, definitely yes!
Here’s a fast guide for you to have your rug looking sharp for good:
- Unpack it. Definitely a good feeling, opening a package always gives me a rush, I just love the feeling 🙂
- Open the rug, if possible, in a room that’s big enough to fit it whole without any furniture.
- You’ll find the rug has some creases and some bumps. Do not despair! This is the most normal reaction, as leather easily creases. We only work with high quality natural hides, so when they are folded they will wrinkle. Keep in mind we always fold the whole hides to store them, and they always go back to their natural shape. Same thing goes for a patchwork cowhide rug.
- If you are in a hurry, you can help the rug flatten down by applying some weight on the rug. Need some ideas? A nice pile of books or magazines; Some full boxes (if you are moving in, this is so easy to find around, right?); A table top: just flip it around and use the top as a “flattening” device (best thing ever); Got kids? Use their rubber playing mats, these are the bomb; Training much? Use your weights to place on top of the rug, these will work like a charm!
- If you have indeed applied some weight, let it be. Overnight is a good time frame, if you are patient, leave it for a couple of days. You can move the objects around every couple of hours.
- If you haven’t applied any weight, just leave your rug be. It will lay flat on its own even without any weight.
- Your rug will need this time to relax and lay flat. You are doing a good thing here.
As soon as you see your rug is ready, you can definitely install it. You can now take all your furniture and put everything in place.
These tips will prevent bumps and wrinkles, as you won’t be pulling and trying to stretch the area rug.
Simple solutions mean “no problem”.
Need more information? Just let us know and we’ll help! firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂